Dear members and visitors,
We have just received updated guidance from GolfRSA, WGSA, SAGA and Club Management Association of Southern Africa via Southern Cape Golf Union. Where applicable and practical, Knysna Golf Club has adopted the following standpoint.
The following protocol will commence on Friday 20th March 2020 and continue until further notice:
Our golf course and clubhouse will remain open to members and visitors.
All special events such as club competitions, league golf and Friday night draws/dinners will be cancelled as at Friday 20th March 2020. Club facilities will remain open for members personal use, providing groups are kept to a responsible minimum.
The bar will stop serving alcohol at 6pm and at 1pm on Sundays and public holidays. Soft drinks will be available.
It will be compulsory for our members and guests to pre-pay for all golfing and clubhouse facilities by transferring funds via EFT to their respective club spending accounts before arriving at the club to play. This will minimize personal contact at our green fee office, halfway house and bar facilities. These payment arrangements may be arranged with our Club secretary, on 044 3841150 or via email firstname.lastname@example.org
The club will therefore not be conducting any prize-givings or social gatherings as from 20th March 2020 until further notice. We will continue to encourage the practice of social distancing.
We recommend that:
- golfers leave the flagstick in
- sanitize their hands frequently and
- practice social distancing amongst themselves and their caddies.
- We further recommend one golf cart per person.
- Kindly make regular use of available hand sanitizers, avoid common courtesies such as handshakes and embraces.
- We discourage showering after golf in order to avoid the use of towels.
- The club will implement a one tee start from Friday 20th march with 10 minute tee- time intervals.
- We kindly dissuade members from entering the premises with any colds or flu symptoms.
Our club will ensure regular cleaning of surfaces including door handles. Kindly adhere to the signage in our club indicating precautionary and social distancing guidelines.
Our staff are trying their best to practice social distancing and good hygiene. We kindly request members and visitors to respect and be responsible.
On behalf of Knysna Golf Club Committee